School IntroductionCategories: School Info; About Our School;
School HistoryHunterville School opened on 28th September 1887 with a roll of 40 pupils. A secondary department was established at the school in 1912 and this operated until 1929.
The word "Consolidated" in the school's name refers to the amalgamation of six smaller schools namely Silverhope (Paraekaretu) 1937; Rata 1937; Putorino 1939; Mangaonoho 1939; Poukiore 1941; and Rata-iti in 1952.
The school's roll peaked in December 1958 at 416 pupils and the school hall was opened in 1960.
The roll for the past several years has settled between 150 - 180 pupils, with approximately half of these pupils coming to school by bus. We start this year with a roll of 160 and expect to be around 175 by the end of the year.
What does Hunterville School stand for?
The Board of Trustees consults comprehensively with parents every four
years to ensure the school delivers to its students the type of
education parents’ desire. The last such consultation was in mid 2013.
Out of such consultations has emerged the following Guiding Principles, as well as the statements below them, which have been in place for several years now. They are very much living, meaningful statements which guide all our strategic thinking:
Our School Motto:
Along with the above comes our ‘quality’ statement:
And Our Golden Rule…
Copyright 2009. Hunterville School
33 Bruce Street, Hunterville
Phone 06 3228210 | Fax 06 3228294